Sökning: "Al Jazeera English"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden Al Jazeera English.
1. 'The Hate in Our Midst' : The 2017 Unite the Right Rally and Representations of Voice, Race, and Emotions in CNN International and Al-Jazeera EnglishMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : Although the 'affective turn' in social sciences lead to a new understanding of the effects of emotions on society, the role of emotions in media remains scarcely researched. Purpose of this study is to shed light on emotions in global television news and the ways in which gendered and racialized power relations may shape, and may be shaped by, emotional practices and discourses. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This research aims at finding how BBC and AJE media represented the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The study examines the news website, which reported the recent escalation of Jerusalem conflict in December 2017, where US President Trump have recognized Jerusalem as Israeli capital, and declared to move the US embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : The United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union and the possibility of it, has been discussed in the news with reference to the term ‘Brexit’ extensively for at least the last two years. The role of the media has been an important issue around the Brexit decision, which had its peak in June 2016 with the EU-referendum, where the population of the United Kingdom voted in favour of leaving the EU. LÄS MER
4. Storytelling techniques in protest reporting : A comparative analysis of narratives on the Ferguson unrest by AJE, BBCW and RTMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för mediestudier
Sammanfattning : In a global media environment characterized by change and conflict, narratives are especially useful to understand how the media form and distribute shared understanding of how the world works and who the important actors are. As the borders between local and global politics are blurred in the digital media landscape, protesters are in increased rate turning their placards to global broadcasters’ cameras, especially when political movements such as the U. LÄS MER
5. Protesting Sport : A Comparative Study of Media Representations of the London Olympics, Sochi Olympics and Brazil World Cup in AJE, BBCW and RTMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : Global sport competitions such as the Olympics and the World Cup were founded following universal principles of unity and peace and aiming to be celebrations of sportsmanship. Nowadays, however, they go beyond sport, being constructed as global media events in which both politics and media play an essential role. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet Al Jazeera English.