Sökning: "Applied linguistics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 56 uppsatser innehållade orden Applied linguistics.
1. Gendered Rhetoric in the UN General Assembly? : The Rhetorical Styles of Male and Female Representatives of Sweden and the United StatesKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Väst/Avd för juridik, ekonomi, statistik och politik; Högskolan Väst/Avd för juridik, ekonomi, statistik och politik
Sammanfattning : During the last few decades the academic re-gendering has reached the field of rhetorical discourse and differences of speech and rhetoric has been determined. Another gender shift has occurred during the last few decades in the appointments of foreign policy representatives, from being one of the last patriarchal strongholds the change towards equality has been remarkably swift. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Lingvistik
Sammanfattning : This paper will examine information structure used in Modern Hebrew, a Semitic language spoken in Israel. More specifically, the study will look into the methods used by Modern Hebrew native speakers to differentiate between old (active) information and new information in spontaneous speech. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : Several studies have shown that women tend to use more personal pronouns and therefore show more involvement with the reader.This paper examines the differences between male and female editors’ letters in magazines. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för kultur och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This is a linguistic study of the EFL textbooks Wings 6 and Wings 9 which are used in Swedish schools today. It is a partially quantitative and partially qualitative study which sets out to look at the representation of gender in the narrative sections of the two textbooks. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This essay studies how dialectal speech is reflected in written literature and how this phenomenon functions in translation. With this purpose in mind, Styron's Sophie's Choice and Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn are analysed using samples of non-standard orthography which have been applied in order to reflect the dialect, or accent, of certain characters. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet Applied linguistics.