Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 120 uppsatser innehållade ordet CAPE.
1. “I felt more at home than being at home” A qualitative study about collective identities within the culture of Cape Town gangsKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study was to examine how different social factors and componentshelp form and maintain a collective identity and a sense of belonging within the existinggang culture of Cape Town gangs. Furthermore, we reflected on what type ofpreventative interventions that could be helpful when addressing the issue of gangs. LÄS MER
2. Xenophobia and Intergroup Conflict: An Inquiry Through The Concept of Health A qualitative field study on the perceptions of health among refugees and asylum seekers in Cape Town, South AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Motivated by the ongoing and widespread xenophobia in South Africa, this study explores the experiences of health access and the health sector by refugees and asylum seekers so as to understand intergroup relations, and more specifically the tensions between nationals and non-nationals. In achieving this, an ethnographic fieldwork was conducted in Cape Town, South Africa during Spring 2017; semi-structured interviews with refugees and asylum seekers provide the material for analysis to identify key perceptions on health and xenophobia to shed light on what possible peacebuilding initiatives should address. LÄS MER
3. Ambulance in Red Zones in Cape Town, South Africa : Waiting time for patients when ambulance requires armed escortMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Borås/Akademin för vård, arbetsliv och välfärd
Sammanfattning : Background. In South Africa violence related crimes are frequent, and interpersonal violence is one of the most common causes of injury and death. Violence can be related to social structures, poverty and income inequality. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Variations in major, minor, and trace elements compositions and ratios, as well as isotope ratios are all useful tools in studying the composition of the Earth’s mantle, and heterogeneities present therein. Since the mantle itself doesn’t easily lend itself to study, ocean island basalt (OIBs) are commonly used as a proxy due to compositional differences combined with the range of origination depth, a combination that allows them to represent the heterogeneity of the mantle, sampling everything from the core mantle boundary to the old or recent additions of recycled oceanic crust. LÄS MER
5. "Campaigning for power, not for the people" : A comparative case study about Cape Town youth and their perceptions of votingKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : The declining political participation among youth has been frequently debated and researched in Western democracies. South Africa is often considered a role model that other African countries can learn from in terms of democracy. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet CAPE.