Sökning: "Peace journalism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden Peace journalism.
1. Peace- and War Journalism : A critical discourse analysis of newspaper editorials on the topic of Iran's nuclear programKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. A Critical Analysis on Media Coverage of the Egyptian Revolution : The Case of Al-Ahram, Al-Masry Al-Youm, The Telegraph and The Washington PostMaster-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The Egyptian protest movement which brought down the Egyptian regime headed by President Hosni Mubarak, not only gripped the minds and hearts of the Egyptians, but it captured the interest of the national and international media as well. The research aims at answering questions related to the kind of frames employed in four newspapers; namely, Al-Ahram, Al-Masry Al-Youm, The Telegraph and The Washington Post, in light of the protest paradigm, in addition to the way the same four newspapers tried to explore and identify the characteristics of war and peace journalism, according to Galtung’s dichotomous model, not to mention to trace how the four newspapers in hand depicted the protesters. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för mediestudier
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study has been to find out how Kenyan journalists look at their own role in the development of the Somalia conflict and how they work to make sure that they have a positive impact on the situation. The empirical material consists of seven semi-structured interviews with journalists who work in print- or broadcast media in the Kenyan capital Nairobi and who specialises in conflict reporting in general and Somalia more specifically. LÄS MER
4. WAR/ PEACE JOURNALISM APPROACH IN VIETNAMESE ONLINE MEDIA COVERAGE OF SOUTH CHINA SEA DISPUTE : An analysis ofMediated Vietnamese Public Diplomacy MessagesMaster-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This research aims at examining the Vietnamese online media’s framing of conflict, thereby highlighting the outstanding characteristics of peace journalism and war journalism frames available in the media of an Asian peripheral country when it covers conflicts with other core, more powerful nations.The study is inspired from an overarching hypothesis of a possible junction between peace journalism and public diplomacy as relevant theories have it that they are basically identical in one sense: both representing a form of message which carries the note of peace-rebuilding, solution-orientated and mutual understanding in the war context. LÄS MER
5. Kriget i Afghanistan - ett nödvändigt ont? : En kritisk diskursanalys av New York Times ställningstagande till och framing av kriget i AfghanistanKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Medier och kommunikation; Uppsala universitet/Medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : AbstractTitle: The war in Afghanistan – a necessary evil? (Kriget i Afghanistan – ett nödvändigt ont? En kritisk diskursanalys av New York Times ställningstagande till och framing av kriget i Afghanistan)Number of pages: 41 (41 including enclosures)Authors: Jenny Häggmark, Madeleine JanssonTutor: Christian ChristensenCourse: Media and Communication Studies CPeriod: Fall term 2011University: Division of Media and Communication, Department of Information Science, Uppsala UniversityPurpose/aim: Our main goal with this paper is to examine and describe how The New York Times have framed the war in Afghanistan in their editorials, and how their position on the war is reflected in the editorials. We are also interested in finding out if their position on the war has changed during the ten years of war. LÄS MER