Sökning: "Post Election Violence"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Post Election Violence.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättighetsstudier
Sammanfattning : Human Rights Accountability is a property of the relationship between rulers and citi-zens. When it exists, it prevents violations of Human Rights by enabling citizens to in-fluence decision-making. The concept needs clarification in order to reach its full poten-tial as a tool for planning and analysis. LÄS MER
2. Pamoja FM – The voice of Kibera : How young Kenyan adults in Kibera perceive the local urban community radio and how it influences the communityKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper, SV; Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper, SV
Sammanfattning : Media in Nairobi is segmented when it comes to news and information; different media target different audience groups in the society through their preferred channels in search of news and information. In Kibera, the biggest slum area in Nairobi and in whole East Africa, the urban slum community radio station Pamoja FM only works for the citizens living within Kibera. LÄS MER
3. Synen på den forna kolonin: En analys av The Telegraphs representation av Zimbabwes misslyckande som statKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : A postcolonial critic has been articulated towards the failed state literature saying that it places failed states in the third world in a position of deviancy from western states. This thesis examines if the criticism against that literature also has any empirical relevance by studying in which way Zimbabwe, seen as a failed state, is portrayed by the media in Great Britain. LÄS MER
4. Att lära sig av misstagen från Kenyas Post Election Violence -förmodade orsaker och ansvar för förebyggandeL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättighetsstudier
Sammanfattning : This essay contains an analysis of the Root Causes of the Post Election Violence that broke out in Kenya after the 2007 election. Authors of the action plans for prevention of similar situations need to make assumptions of causal relations in order to take the right measures and make the right changes. LÄS MER
5. Kenyan conflict, post-colonial media? A discourse analysis of how western media portrayed the violent aftermath of the Kenyan election in 2007 through a post-colonial perspectiveL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Kenya had a disputed presidential election in late 2007 which erupted into ethnic clashes between supporters of the two candidates. Western media was quick to report back that the sudden violence was due to tribal differences. The goal of my essay was such to explore whether or not a post-colonial discourse could be found in western media. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet Post Election Violence.