Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 uppsatser innehållade ordet Statehood.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study uses a qualitative approach to examine the criterions and specific characteristics of the abstraction which is referred to as the state. The ambition is to explain and identify the characteristics that needs to be present whenever something is to be called a state. LÄS MER
2. WHOSE PEACE? ”A content of ideas analysis of the underlying norms of democratic involvement in peacemaking – as improvers of circumstances for legitimate peace processes, or as complicating idealist norms.”Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : In peacemaking, methods of inclusion are extensively pushed for with the main motivationthat it gives the peace process a greater legitimacy. But exclusion is also deemed necessary as it is required to reach an agreement without getting it spoiled by extremists. LÄS MER
3. The Responsibility to Protect in Libya and Syria - The future of international law or an abuse of power?Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten; Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Responsibility to Protect, or “R2P”, is a principle that has generated heated debate since its introduction in a report by the International Commission on Intervention and State Sovereignty (ICISS) in 2001. Having received an enthusiastic response from member states at the World Summit Outcome in 2005, the United Nations seemed to move into a new era of protecting humanitarian values; that of acting to protect the citizens of states when the states themselves proved unwilling or unable to do so. LÄS MER
4. National Security Concerns And The Kurdistan Region In A New Middle East: From Rebellion To Statehood : The Influences Of Power, Threat Enviornment And Opportunity Structures On The Choice Of Becoming An Independent StateMagister-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan/Institutionen för säkerhet, strategi och ledarskap (ISSL)
Sammanfattning : Under which conditions do some nations and de facto state actors with relative power assert their statehood and independence? What factors should we focus on when we assess such cases? How much can we relate a nation’s choice and path to statehood and independence to its national security concerns? The aim of this case study has been to answer the questions asked above and explain why nations during some periods do not choose to declare independence and form their own state and during other periods they aim to do so. The case of the Kurdistan region of Iraq has been selected and studied both due the drastic regional changes in the Middle East since Saddam Hussein’s fall and the rise Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. LÄS MER
5. Somaliland and Secession : Does the self-proclaimed state of Somaliland have a moral right to secede?Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to inquire whether Somaliland’s secession from Somalia is morally right considering Buchanans theories regarding secession. The paper analyses the notion of self-determination and secession from the perspective of Somaliland. Further the analysis also discusses the deficiencies when it comes to international law and secession. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet Statehood.