Sökning: "and sustainable livelihoods."
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden and sustainable livelihoods..
1. Prospects of Transforming Subsistence Agriculture into Sustainable Livelihoods; A case-study of the Ribb sub-Catchment, Ethiopia.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This study assesses the importance of agricultural transformation in achieving sustainable livelihood in rural Ethiopia. By focusing on the different agricultural transformation components, the study analyse different farming typologies at household level. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Forest Products
Sammanfattning : This study is a value chain analysis for timber in East Africa. It was commissioned by Vi Agroforestry, a nongovernmental organisation registered in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania engaged in a rural development program that involves promoting tree planting and enterprise development (Vi Agroforestry, 2012). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Energi och klimatstudier, ECS
Sammanfattning : In rural areas of least developed countries, the preparation of meals remains the predominant energy consuming activity. Cooking is mostly performed with firewood – using the ancient “technology” of the 3-stone fire. LÄS MER
4. Fuel-efficiency and Efficient Aid : An analysis of factors affecting the spread of fuel-efficient cooking stoves in Northern TanzaniaKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för livsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This thesis is the result of nine weeks fieldwork in Babati and Bukoba districts in Northern Tanzania during spring 2012. The purpose of this thesis is to study why development projects on fuel-efficient stoves have had a limited adoption in these two regions and what obstacles and opportunities there are for further spread of fuel-efficient cooking stoves. LÄS MER
5. Farmers' perceptions of the "Unleashing the Power of Cassava in Africa in Response to the Food Crisis" (UPoCA) project : Experiences from MalawiMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The “Unleashing the Power of Cassava in Africa in Response to the Food Price Crisis” (UPoCA) project carried out by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture from 2008 to 2010 aimed to assist farmers to increase food security and improve livelihoods through promoting cassava cultivation. In this study, 120 beneficiary households of the UPoCA project in Kasungu and Dowa provinces in Malawi were interviewed using a semi-structured questionnaire together with key informant interviews and focus group discussions. LÄS MER