Sökning: "co-design process"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden co-design process.
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan i Borås/Institutionen Handels- och IT-högskolan
Sammanfattning : Today’s business and IT systems have strongly focused on effective communication. The communication based on poor foundation might create huge communication problems for the system designer and user. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Högskolan i Borås/Institutionen Handels- och IT-högskolan
Sammanfattning : The need for adapting rapidly to IT and business changes, reducing costs, delivering improved functionality of services and better integration push organizations towards service oriented architecture (SOA) adaption. Delivering SOA requires building systems at the business level, not just at the IT level. LÄS MER
3. "Nothing is Beatleproof!" In what context? (part II) The socio-political and the media perspectives in the creation of art and the artist's image in communicationMaster-uppsats, IT-universitetet i Göteborg/Tillämpad informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : Art is often defined as a process of creation guided by artist’s intention. However,artwork as a means of expression is also a communicative medium. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, IT-universitetet i Göteborg/Tillämpad informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : Art is often definedasaprocessofcreationguidedbyartist’sintention.However,artwork as a means of expression is also a communicative medium. LÄS MER
5. Quality Improvement in a Maternity Ward and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. What are staff and patients' experiences of Experience-based Co-design? : Part 1: A qualitative studyMaster-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/HHJ. Kvalitetsförbättring och ledarskap inom hälsa och välfärd
Sammanfattning : Background: Recent focus on quality and patient safety has underlined the need to involve patients in improving healthcare. “Experience-based Co-design” (EBCD) is an approach to capture and understand patient and staff (i. e. users) experiences, identifying so called “touch points” and then working together equally in improvement efforts. LÄS MER