Sökning: "hydro-climatic data"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden hydro-climatic data.
1. Climate change impacts on water resources of the Ganges : Suitable adaptation options for agriculture in the Indian-Himalayan regionMaster-uppsats, KTH/Industriell ekologi
Sammanfattning : Climate change is affecting several environmental factors and together with socio-economic changes put high pressure on water resources. Climate change manifest itself through increasing temperatures and changes in precipitation patterns and intensities, with knock-on effects on hydrologically-relevant parameters such as water flows, evapotranspiration rates, glacial melt etcetera, all of which have already been observed in the recent past and are predicted to continue in the future. LÄS MER
2. Influence of soil moisture content and infiltration on ground temperature and active layer depth in a river terrace in Adventdalen, SvalbardMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : The active layer constitutes an important subsystem of permafrost environments. Thermal andhydrological processes in the active layer determine local phenomena such as erosion, hydrologicaland ecosystem changes, and can have implications for the global carbon-climate feedback. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : A good understanding of the local and regional water cycle and how it is modified by landscape changes may help policymakers take the pertinent decisions in order to avoid adverse effects of future hydro–climatic changes. This knowledge is of particular interest in the most vulnerable areas of the world such as the African continent. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och kvartärgeologi (INK)
Sammanfattning : The fresh water resources of the world are stressed due to the increasing population. Theclimate change has also affected the water resource availability due to the occurrence offrequent and uneven extreme events such as drought and flash floods. LÄS MER
5. Data resolution effects onwater resource planning andmanagement : The Kisumu – Lake Victoria region studyMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och kvartärgeologi (INK)
Sammanfattning : In the Kisumu District, Kenya, unreliable rainfall pattern has been identified as one of the main causes for poverty in rural areas. The negative effects of such unreliable patterns could be mitigated through improved water resource management and planning. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet hydro-climatic data.