Sökning: "investment and growth"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 255 uppsatser innehållade orden investment and growth.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : Although it may seem natural to argue that Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is positive for host economies and their economic growth, earlier research gives and ambiguous picture in this matter of interest. This paper uses a reconciliation of three important studies (Alfaro 2003, Bloningen and Wang 2005, and Carkovic and Levine 2005). LÄS MER
2. EROI of crystalline silicon photovoltaics : Variations under different assumptions regarding manufacturing energy inputs and energy outputUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för fysik och astronomi
Sammanfattning : Installed photovoltaic nameplate power have been growing rapidly around the worldin the last few years. But how much energy is returned to society (i.e. LÄS MER
3. Changing of VC funds' investment pattern in times of financial turmoil. The case of Swedish VC funds in the 2005-2012 period.Master-uppsats, KTH/Samhällsekonomi
Sammanfattning : The Venture Capital (VC) industry is of major importance for economic growth,since in some cases VC is the best option for start-ups and \young companies" tosecure funding to grow. Studying and understanding VCs behavior is importantnot only from an academic viewpoint, but also for rms seeking investment, thefunds investing in VC as an asset class, and VC funds themselves. LÄS MER
4. Institutional Shareholders' Investment Horizons and Abnormal Returns Following Share Repurchase Announcements - A Product of Market-to-Book Ratios?D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, we evaluate the effects of institutional shareholders' investment horizons on average abnormal returns of companies following share repurchase announcements conditional on market-to-book ratios. We find that institutional investor horizons have insignificant explanatory power in the short-run. LÄS MER
5. How does debt capital affect member commitment in agricultural cooperatives? : a case study of Chinese agricultural cooperativesMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : There is an increasing number of agricutural cooperative management in acquiring more debt capital in order to compensate member equity and achived higher growth. At the same time, exposing the cooperative to higher financial risks indicate that the member interests are being replaced for other priority interests. LÄS MER