Sökning: "precipitation patterns"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 67 uppsatser innehållade orden precipitation patterns.
1. Thirsty landscapes - Investigating growing irrigation water consumption and potential conservation measures within Utah’s largest master-planned community: Daybreak.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The demand for more water in the southwestern parts of the United States of America is growing due to an increasing population, while climate conditions are becoming more unfavorable with higher temperatures and less precipitation. This study explores current culinary and secondary water consumptions used for irrigation purposes in the Daybreak neighborhood, located in South Jordan, Utah. LÄS MER
2. Regional Regression Models of Mean Annual Streamflow and Design Flow in a Tropical Region of Colombia.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : A responsible and sustainable water resources management is important. It is also crucial to take the presence of watercourses into account during design of hydraulic structures such as small dams and bridges. Doing this requires knowledge of estimates of annual streamflow and extreme flows to be used for design purposes. LÄS MER
3. Watershed delineation for runoff estimations to culverts in the Swedish road network : a comparison between two GIS based hydrological modelling methods and a manually delineated watershedMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The anticipated climate changes are predicted to alter the precipitation patterns in Sweden. Increased episodes of intense short-duration rainfall and higher intensities of day long-duration rainfall are expected. Road sections are often a target of flooding, causing impassable roads, due to the lack of capacity of drainage systems. LÄS MER
4. Climate Change in Kenya : a review of literature and evaluation of temperature and precipitation dataKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The world is facing serious and complex impacts with regard to climate change. Natural and human settlements on all continents are affected, and the African continent is considered as one of the most vulnerable areas due to rapid urbanization growth and high dependency on rain-fed agriculture, amongst others. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Climate change is expected to have a strong impact on subarctic ecosystems. Increased temperatures as well as altered precipitation and snow cover patterns are predicted to change species distribution and affect biogeochemical processes in the subarctic tundra. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet precipitation patterns.