Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 92 uppsatser innehållade ordet prominence.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : The alt-right is a fairly recent addition to the pantheon of political ideologies. Its rise to prominence is seen by many as the driving force behind Donald Trump’s presidency. The youth of the ideology has also created a natural relationship between it and the fields of new media and cyberculture. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper investigates the relationship between national identity and attitudes towards immigrants. It examines three countries with different history of nation building and immigration: Finland, Great Britain and the USA. LÄS MER
3. Integration of a Technological Tool in an Early Warning System within its Social Context: A Case Study from Durazno, UruguayMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : A disaster is not just natural but largely of social and political origin. To be effective, an early warning system must therefore be viewed as a social process with a strong focus on the people at risk. LÄS MER
4. Cultural Materiality : The correlation between material and cultural capital in the late eighteenth century Stockholm elite burgher homeMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The eighteenth century saw the slow but steady rise of the middling classes to their nineteenth century social and cultural prominence, reinforced by a changing political landscape and the steadily increasing importance of the market. As the social and cultural power of the city burghers making up the majority of the middling classes grew, so did they start to consume in a manner to reflect to their new status in society. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This study looks at English place names in Swedish texts with a focus on which translation strategies are more common today, whether there is a progress from a diachronic perspective from translation to transference, and whether the prominence of each place name affects the chosen translation strategy. The thesis includes a corpusbased study of 299 place names collected from four sources, which were researched in the online newspaper archive found on the website of the National Library of Sweden. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet prominence.