Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 85 uppsatser innehållade ordet ruminants.
1. Ruminants, resilience and poverty : assessing the socioeconomic role of small ruminants in the pastoral areas of Northeastern UgandaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Small ruminants (goats and sheep) are of great importance for the livelihoods of pastoralists, agro-pastoralists, and the small holder poor in rural Uganda. However, their socioeconomic role is often overlooked in the general statistics on rural and household economies. LÄS MER
2. Cross-sectional study of Anaplasma spp. in goats and sheep in Mongolia : a comparison between species in relationship to pasture conditionsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Clinical Sciences
Sammanfattning : Anaplasma ovis, the main aetiology behind of ovine and caprine anaplasmosis, is a vector-borne bacterium of the order Rickettsiales, capable of infecting erythrocytes of small ruminants. The infection is generally a subclinical or mild condition, but stress-factors as co-infections, vaccinations, or transports may aggravate the disease. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health
Sammanfattning : Schmallenberg virus was discovered in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany in 2011. The virus spread over most of Europe during the following years, including United Kingdom and the Nordic countries. Its origins are yet to be discovered. Schmallenberg virus belongs to the Simbu serogroup of the Bunyaviridae family, genus Orthobunyavirus. LÄS MER
4. Urban Agriculture in Thika, Kenya: the case of Small Ruminant Production in the Perspective of the Sustainable Livelihood FrameworkMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : Despite the millenary practice of urban agriculture (UA) in Sub-Saharan African (SSA) cities, research conducted on the topic is much more recent and still little is known on the impact UA has on the engaged households in terms of food security, nutrition and health. The overall picture that emerges from the literature is one of stark contrasts; some advocate UA as a tool of empowerment, capable to eradicate hunger and poverty for the most vulnerable, while others do not consider UA as a way for sustainable development. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health
Sammanfattning : Bluetonguevirus (BTV) är ett vektorburet virus som orsakar sjukdom hos idisslare, främst får. På senare år har BTV oväntat spridits långt norrut i Europa med flera olika serotyper delaktiga. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet ruminants.