Sökning: "wave climate"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 uppsatser innehållade orden wave climate.
1. Kustnära ekosystem som skydd mot naturkatastrofer : en litteraturstudie från ett riskhanteringsperspektivMagister-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för samhälls- och livsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Research suggests that society's vulnerability to natural disasters along coasts could increase as a result of climate change, which is likely to lead to elevated sea levels and possibly an increase in the occurance of meteorological phenomena such as storms and tropical cyclones. Following the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster in 2004 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005, both of which received considerable media attention, empirical data has indicated that coastal vegetation might be able to protect and reduce damages to coastal communities during tsunami events and tropical cyclones. LÄS MER
2. Impact of extreme sea levels and waves in the bay of Lundåkra - present situation and future scenariosMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : This report is a study of the impacts of extreme sea levels and waves on the coastal area of the bay of Lundåkra. The bay is characterized by shallow sea bottoms and a flat topography, particularly in the north. Analyses have been based on historical data. LÄS MER
3. The dynamic mooring force on a wave energy Calculating the tensile force acting on the mooring structure fromH-uppsats, Chalmers tekniska högskola/Institutionen för teknisk fysik
Sammanfattning : This thesis tries to answer the question on how to best moor a wave energy converterthat has the shape of a hose. A water wave test tank is used on a model with a scale ofapproximately 1:2.3 of that of the full size structure and the tensile force acting on themooring line is then measured with a load cell. LÄS MER
4. Estimating contemporary methane emissions from tropical wetlands using multiple modelling approachesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Estimating contemporary methane emissions from tropical wetlands using multiple modelling approachesMethane gas makes a significant contribution to the greenhouse effect happening on the planet. In modern times, natural wetlands are the biggest source of methane gas as compared to other sources of natural origin. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : The Maha Oya (river) originates in the Kandy district of Sri Lanka and travels about 130 km passing four districts to reach the sea at Kochchikade in Sri Lanka. It holds the 3rd largest average annual runoff among the 103 of distinct river basins in Sri Lanka. Its contribution as a fresh water source is of great significance. LÄS MER
BEVAKA DENNA SÖKNING
Få ett mail när det kommer in nya uppsatser på ämnet wave climate.