Sökning: ": English Foreign Language Learning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 276 uppsatser innehållade orden : English Foreign Language Learning.
1. Willingness to Communicate and the Ideal L2 Self Inside and Outside the EFL Classroom. A Literature ReviewUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Göteborgs universitet / Lärarutbildningsnämnden
Sammanfattning : This literature review investigates why EFL (English as a Foreign Language) students are reluctant to speak the target language in the classroom. As this is a complex question with complex answers, this review focuses on how the L2 Motivational Self System (L2MSS), specifically the ideal L2 self, affects willingness to communicate (WTC). LÄS MER
2. Willingness to Communicate in EFL Classrooms: A Qualitative Study on the Perspectives of Upper Secondary Students in SwedenMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : This qualitative research paper aims to investigate the EFL learner perspective on WTC and which factors influence their WTC. Additionally, another aim is to investigate if there is a difference in WTC between English and Swedish for the learners and what causes it. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : In the current study, a quantitative approach was taken to explore the impact of the first language on the transfer of lexical collocations, highlighting both positive and negative transfer effects. It explored the correlation between English language proficiency and collocation competency, along with the influence of gender on collocation competency. LÄS MER
4. Communicating as a Team. A study of EFL Students’ Perceptions about the Influence of the Learner Group’s Dynamics on their Individual WTCUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Göteborgs universitet / Lärarutbildningsnämnden
Sammanfattning : Considering the current emphasis on communicative abilities in EFL teaching, learning and assessment (Council of Europe, 2020), research on willingness to communicate (WTC) has become increasingly important. Despite the increase of research in this topic area, further research is needed on situational factors relating to individual learners’ WTC. LÄS MER
5. “There Is No Quick Fix” to Building Vocabulary. Teacher Cognition of EFL Vocabulary Development and Instruction in Swedish Upper Secondary SchoolsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Göteborgs universitet / Lärarutbildningsnämnden
Sammanfattning : Vocabulary is a central component to learning any language, but learning a foreign language requires particular attention to vocabulary development. As teacher cognition influences teachers’ instructional choices, their understanding of vocabulary development merits attention. LÄS MER