Sökning: "Addis Ababa"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 41 uppsatser innehållade orden Addis Ababa.
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper; Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Surface water is globally becoming more and more a scarce resource, and in Addis Ababa the capital of Ethiopia, river water quality has been degraded due to anthropological forcing for many years. Therefore, the study objective was to investigate causes and impact of surface water pollution in Kebena and Great Akaki rivers. LÄS MER
2. China in Ethiopia : A Case Study on the Ethio-China Collaborated Light Railway Transit in Addis Ababa, EthiopiaKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper investigates different stakeholder groups’ perceptions on how Chinese investments contribute to the development of Ethiopia in the capital city Addis Ababa. To delimit the thesis, one recently completed infrastructural project was analyzed, namely the Light Railway Transit (LRT) in Addis. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : This study aims to explore the impact of paid work in the Ethiopian export-oriented garment industry on women’s empowerment, as perceived by the women themselves. The study first explores the reasons for why and how women pursue paid work in the industry. LÄS MER
4. In the name of Development: Gentrification and Domicide The case of redevelopment programs of three low-income neighborhoods in Addis AbabaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : Gentrification is a process of neighborhood change where the low-income group is displaced to leave the space for middle or high income residents or investors, whereas domicide is the killing of homes. The political economy and its basis operate where there is private ownership of major production on land and rent-seeking behavior of the capital and social. LÄS MER
5. Monitoring trends of greenness and LULC (land use/land cover) change in Addis Ababa and its surrounding using MODIS time-series and LANDSAT DataMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : NDVI(Normalized Difference Vegetation Index) was introduced in 1974. Despite its limitations, it has been under use for monitoring bio-physical and cultural landscapes from satellite. LÄS MER