Sökning: "Aesthetic representation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 uppsatser innehållade orden Aesthetic representation.
1. Bloody Penny Picture Pose : A comparative study on the representation of sexuality and violence within the aesthetics of Victorian Gothic horrorMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Modevetenskap
Sammanfattning : There is an ongoing fascination with the Victorian era as well as the genre of horror, and the characters originating from the first 18th century Gothic tales still appear in our Western popular culture today. The Victorian Gothic novels contain elements of romanticism and violence which often results in strong undertones of heated sexuality. LÄS MER
2. Jag tänker på mig själv som en nakenakt : En studie av Marianne Lindberg De Geers skulptur Jag tänker på mig själv i relation till nakenakten som motivkategoriKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Konstvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to describe and analyze the Swedish artist Marianne Lindberg De Geer’s public sculpture Jag tänker på mig själv in relation to the female nude as a traditional motif within the western art and aesthetic. The artwork in question depicts two naked upright standing women, one of whom is represented as emaciated and skinny and the other one as voluminous and fat. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan i Borås/Akademin för textil, teknik och ekonomi; Högskolan i Borås/Akademin för textil, teknik och ekonomi
Sammanfattning : Background - Welcome to the 2010’s and its visual information culture informing about the century-old ideal of thinness, by sending (almost) exclusively thin bodies down the runway of Paris Fashion Week (PFW). This, while at the same time the academia and mass media are repeatedly articulating the necessity of a more ethical aesthetic within the fashion industry, while the argument that “thinness sells” lack empirical support, while measures are taken around Europe to discourage media bias and encourage healthy bodies walking the, and while the body positivity movement – applauding the diversity of body types – is on the rise in the Western society. LÄS MER
4. Ett hermetiskt förseglat universum? : Om självrepresentationen av autism i paret Newports gemensamma biografi Mozart and the Whale: An Asperger's love storyKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Litteraturvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This essay aims to examine how autism and self-representation is portrayed in the couple Jerry and Mary Newport’s memoir, Mozart and the Whale: An Asperger’s love story (2007). The analysis of the memoir raises two key terms of importance for the purpose of the essay, the concepts of aesthetic nervousness coined by Ato Quayson and the figure of the sentimental savant which has been formulated by Stuart Murray. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för film och litteratur (IFL)
Sammanfattning : In this essay I aim to examine how camp could be used as a method in the reading of camp as a theory. This will be followed by an analysis of how The Watermelon Woman (Cheryl Dunye, 1996) could be seen as an expression of camp. I am intending to do so by using camp as a method combined with queer phenomenology and theory about social abjection. LÄS MER