Sökning: "African students"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 37 uppsatser innehållade orden African students.
1. From global North to global South : A qualitative study about Swedish social work students' international field training in South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete (SA); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för socialt arbete (SA)
Sammanfattning : In light of globalization, international social work from global North to global South is accelerating and the emphasis from Swedish universities on international experience among students has increased. Various scholars problematize the domination of the global North as theories and practice have historically been unquestionably transformed from so-called developed to developing countries. LÄS MER
2. Decolonising the University Curriculum in South Africa : A Case Study of the University of the Free StateMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : In the aftermath of the 2015-2016 student protests on South African university campuses, many universities are struggling with how to respond to the demands put forward by students to end epistemic violence and decolonise curriculum. The following research is an abductive case study, investigating the process of decolonising curriculum in higher education at the University of the Free State in South Africa through the perspectives of staff and lecturers. LÄS MER
3. Singing Louder than a Mockingbird : Analyzing voice, racism and stereotypes in Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird with the aim of engaging Swedish EFL students to be critical towards an ethnic divide within literatureMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : The aim of the present inquiry is to analyze the depiction of racism through given or withheld voice in Harper Lee’s novel To Kill a Mockingbird. A thematic analysis of marginalized and commonly occurring voices in the novel reveals discrepancies along an ethnic divide. LÄS MER
4. Readers’ Perceptions of Gender, Use of Stereotypes and Identification with Literary Texts : Selected South African High School Students’ Responses on “A Rose for Emily”Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : Selected South African high school students’ perceptions of stereotypes in William Faulkner’s “A Rose for Emily” are the center of attention in an attempt to establish or refute the existence of a uniform interpretation in the interpretive community. The textual reader responses were collected by using a questionnaire. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : The research was conducted in Khartoum, Sudan, with the purpose to see whether there was an awareness on e-health among students in Khartoum and how they perceive health-related information on the Internet. As there is very little covered in this area, this research also aims to cover the gap in information and data of this field in this particular region, as e-health in Africa is an under-researched area in general. LÄS MER