Sökning: "Al Jazeera English"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden Al Jazeera English.
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : The United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union and the possibility of it, has been discussed in the news with reference to the term ‘Brexit’ extensively for at least the last two years. The role of the media has been an important issue around the Brexit decision, which had its peak in June 2016 with the EU-referendum, where the population of the United Kingdom voted in favour of leaving the EU. LÄS MER
2. Storytelling techniques in protest reporting : A comparative analysis of narratives on the Ferguson unrest by AJE, BBCW and RTMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för mediestudier
Sammanfattning : In a global media environment characterized by change and conflict, narratives are especially useful to understand how the media form and distribute shared understanding of how the world works and who the important actors are. As the borders between local and global politics are blurred in the digital media landscape, protesters are in increased rate turning their placards to global broadcasters’ cameras, especially when political movements such as the U. LÄS MER
3. Protesting Sport : A Comparative Study of Media Representations of the London Olympics, Sochi Olympics and Brazil World Cup in AJE, BBCW and RTMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : Global sport competitions such as the Olympics and the World Cup were founded following universal principles of unity and peace and aiming to be celebrations of sportsmanship. Nowadays, however, they go beyond sport, being constructed as global media events in which both politics and media play an essential role. LÄS MER
4. Public Places of 2011– Reinventing the Story : An Analysis of Social Gatherings represented in Photographic Essays of Al Jazeera EnglishMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : Despite the emergence of new technologies and an existing scholarly debate around their ability to facilitate social gatherings, public places within cities did not cease to exist as important physical locations for society. This is powerfully illustrated by the year 2011, in which people gathered all around the globe, sometimes aiming to topple governments, sometimes demonstrating unity in times of crisis. LÄS MER
5. "A shape-changing, mask-wearing, sixteen-year-old Super 'Moozlim' from Jersey City" : islamisk identitet och representation i superhjälteserien Ms. MarvelKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för teologi och religionsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : In 2013 Marvel Comics announced their all new superhero Ms. Marvel, a sixteen-year-old Muslim girl of Pakistani descent. While still not published, the story’s main character Kamala Khan was subject to an avid debate in newspapers like the Guardian, the New York Times and al-Jazeera English. LÄS MER