Sökning: "Alternative for Germany AfD"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden Alternative for Germany AfD.
1. Be better than nationalism: overcoming economic inequality for international solidarity. Using social movement theory to deconstruct the cultural ideology of the Alternative for GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : This thesis advocates for the evaluation of current sociopolitical conflicts through the lens of social movement theory, as a decisive path to deconstruct the premises of the German right-wing party Alternative for Germany (Alternative für Deutschland, AfD). The party is conceptualized as an institutionalized social movement, which is insufficiently answering public material grievances caused by economic inequality with the cultural response of nationalistic solidarity. LÄS MER
2. Neoliberal Capitalism and Migrant Engagement in Culturally Racist Parties : The Cases of the German AfD and the Swedish SDMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Avdelningen för migration, etnicitet och samhälle
Sammanfattning : During the last decades, culturally racist parties, like the Sweden Democrats (SD) and the Alterna-tive for Germany (AfD), have seen a rapid growth in popularity and are now represented in parliaments in almost all European countries. Although the majority of their voters are considered white, male, and working class, a growing number of people with a migration background started sup-porting parties of said political stream that frame migration as the biggest threat to society. LÄS MER
3. Political Campaign Strategies of the party Alternative for Germany : A qualitative Study of Posters for the 2017 Federal ElectionMaster-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/HLK, Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : During the past ten years, European politics experienced a rise of far right-wing parties because of intensified levels of insecurity among the public (Falasca & Grandien, 2017). These parties organize their political discourse around topics of nationalism and a strong opinion against immigration, the Euro and the European Union (Breeze, 2019; Häusler, 2018). LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I suggest a definition on what right-wing populism is by comparing three right-wing populist parties; the Swedish Democrats (SD) in Sweden, the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) in Great Britain and the Alternative for Germany (AFD) in Germany. This is my question formulation. LÄS MER
5. The Other Side of the Medal : A Case Study of Right-Wing Populist Party Identity in German Newspaper DiscourseKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Nowadays, liberal democratic societies comprise the breeding ground for thriving right-wing populist parties. They share the “fundamental core of ethno-nationalist xenophobia, (…) and anti-political establishment populism” (Rydgren, 2004 p.475). LÄS MER