Sökning: "Amartya Sen"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden Amartya Sen.
1. "If you use pencillin, use enough" - A normative study on the Swedish action plan against antibiotic resistanceKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The intention of this paper was to criticize the Swedish official action plan against antibiotic resistance with a focus on antimicrobial usage within livestock production. The aim was to strengthen and prove the thesis that there are deficiencies in the policy due to the exclusion of public participation and individual responsibility of meat consumption which is necessary for reducing antimicrobial resistance. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Development Studies
Sammanfattning : Child institutionalization is a common and growing phenomenon embedded in today’s Ugandan society, with a variety of socio-economic factors contributing to it. The increase of child institutionalization has coincided with an increase of research into the developmental effects of growing up in institutional care, which proved to have negative impacts on a child’s cognitive, physical and social-emotional development. LÄS MER
3. CAPABILITIES INSIDE FOUR WALLS : A qualitative field study on the capabilities and freedoms for women in a developing context challenging the approach of Amartya SenKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The ‘’capability approach’’, developed by the Indian economist Amartya Sen, has been widely used in the field of development and has contributed a perception of development that is different from the traditional understanding of it. Despite this, the theory has received a great amount of feminist critique and it has been concluded that the field lacks empirical data on how women in developing countries can be fully understood from the approach of Sen. LÄS MER
4. "The place where people do not want to live". The effect of land ownership on human agency in Namibia's informal settlements.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Development Studies; Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : The rapid urbanisation in Namibia led to the fast expansion of informal settlements, which are mainly characterised by a lack of basic services, such as running water, sanitation or electricity. To counteract the poor situation of informal settlements, land ownership is often argued to be a solution. LÄS MER
5. Vad är utveckling? : en diskussion om förmåga och möjlighet i samband med utvecklingsprogram i NicaraguaL3-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Den här uppsatsen syftar till att bidra med en diskussion om utveckling och vad det kan innebära för olika människor. Studien bygger på fem halvstrukturerade intervjuer och deltagande observationer som genomfördes våren år 2017 i byn La Chorrera, Nicaragua. LÄS MER