Sökning: "American dream"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden American dream.
1. The Dream : A Psychoanalytic Reading of the Conceptualization of the American Dream in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great GatsbyKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : F. Scott Fitzgerald’s critically acclaimed classic The Great Gatsby, written in 1925, poetically captures the zeitgeist of the roaring twenties, and has attracted considerable attention regarding the depiction of the American dream. LÄS MER
2. The Role of Defense Mechanisms in Willy Loman's Character : A Freudian and Marxist Analysis of Death of a SalesmanKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : The field of psychoanalysis makes it possible to make an in-depth study of the protagonist in the play Death of a Salesman. After performing such an analysis, this paper suggests that Willy suffers from mental illness and that he is obsessed with living the American Dream. LÄS MER
3. Musik i migration : En etnografisk studie om latinamerikanska musiker i Sverige -Motivation, autodidaktik och integrationMagister-uppsats, Kungl. Musikhögskolan/Institutionen för musik, pedagogik och samhälle
Sammanfattning : In this magister's thesis, the aim is to highlight the circumstances that caused four Latin American autodidactical musicians to leave their countries and migrate in order to settle down in the Swedish capital of Stockholm. The propose is to give a greater understanding of how the musicians learned music and how they perceived their dreams and their motivation in relation to reality. LÄS MER
4. Shopping for an I : Consumer identities in The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison and The Hate U Give by Angie ThomasMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates to role consumerism plays when young, black, underclass characters try to build their identities in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye (1970) and Angie Thomas’ The Hate U Give (2017). Through implementing intersectional analysis and postcolonial theory this essay discusses how social positions are read and understood in a mass culture that heavily favours the visual. LÄS MER
- L3-uppsats, Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : Jeffrey Eugenides’ 2002 novelMiddlesex follows the protagonist Cal Stephanides in his exploration of the origins of the genetic mutation which causes him to be born intersexed. Weaved into this memoir is a 75-year history of the United States. LÄS MER