Sökning: "American family values"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden American family values.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : The Missing Middle describes a phenomenon and a movement to fill a gap in the housing choices offered in many North American cities. Although proponents of the movement state that Missing Middle forms can seamlessly replace single-family housing in existing neighbourhoods, a paradigm shift in Vancouver’s housing supply presents an opportunity to restructure its public spaces and services in tandem. LÄS MER
2. How Indigenous Child-Removal Practices in PostWar North America Helped Lay a Foundation for Contemporary Migrant Family Separation Policies in the United States of AmericaKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Historia
Sammanfattning : The United States of America was founded on imperialist ideals that favoured European protestant values and blood. Meanwhile the Native peoples of the lands on which the very country was founded were treated as a “problem”. In times of conflict children are often the most vulnerable group, suffering great trauma and distress. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Biosystems and Technology (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : Amerikanska tranbär (Vaccinium macrocarpon) är ett vanlig kommersiellt bär som har potential att odlas i större omfång i Sverige. Dess rötter bildar frekvent symbios med speciella svampar i jorden, en symbios som kallas ericoid mykorrhiza (ErM). LÄS MER
4. Walt Disney’s Moana, “We are Polynesia” : A CDA of Disney’s representation of the Polynesian culture inside MoanaMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/HLK, Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Disney is known for their family animation movies with a non-western or indigenous cultural background. Nevertheless, Disney is basically very influential for the perception of cultures by a global audience. Many studies have proven that Disney’s depiction of a certain represented culture has not always been that clean. LÄS MER
5. Standing up for The Everyday Americans : The discursive articulation of the true ‘American’ in the Tea Party movementMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This thesis uses discourse theory on speeches made by four Tea Party elites: Glenn Beck, Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, and Rand Paul, to see how they construct an American identity. My purpose is to show how the Tea party movement articulates the American identity by exploring the way in which they use chains of equivalences to produce meaning to their identity. LÄS MER