Sökning: "Article 2 TEU"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 20 uppsatser innehållade orden Article 2 TEU.
1. THE EU – A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ON DEMOCRACY IN HUNGARY? - An analysis on how the EU has affected the democracy in HungaryKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since Viktor Orbán became prime minister of Hungary in 2010 he has hollowed out the Hungarian Democracy step by step and given himself more influence. Hungary became a member of the EU in 2004, so this has been happening while being a member of the EU, so the question is – what kind of influence does the EU have over the democracy in member states? That is the research question for this thesis, and it has the aim to analyze how the European Commission, European Parliament, and The Council of the European Union have affected the development of democracy in Hungary in the years 2015 – 2021. LÄS MER
2. The Rule of Law in the European Union – A critical analysis of Poland’s rejection of the EU legal orderMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union is founded on certain core values as expressed in its constitutional framework. One of the fundamental values is the adherence of the rule of law, which constitute a legal obligation across all 27 member states. LÄS MER
3. Kan EU garantera upprätthållandet av rättsstaten? : En utredning av EU:s möjligheter att skydda respekten för rättsstatenUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The protection of the rule of law has been on the agenda in the EU during the last years because states like Poland, through legislative changes, have been dismantling the democracy and the rule of law. The legislation in Poland concerns for example, the appointment of judges, reduced retirement age for judges, and changes in the powers of the president and the minister of justice. LÄS MER
4. Kan rättsstatsprincipen i EU skyddas genom de nationella domstolarnas granskning? - En analys av EU-domstolens dom i L och P och betydelsen av unionens gemensamma värden för den europeiska arresteringsordernUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The rule of law backsliding in some EU Member States through deficiencies in the judiciary has led to a crisis impacting several dimensions of the European cooperation. Respect for the rule of law is a fundamental value for the Union and thus a pre-condition for accession to the Union according to Article 49 TEU. LÄS MER
5. 'Guardian of the Rule of Law' - Effective enforcement of EU values through the rule of law frameworkUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten; Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Different EU institutions have handled the rule of law-crisis in different ways, with strong academic criticism towards the Commission regarding that they should have a more systematic and aggressive approach in their Article 258 TFEU procedures. Through an analysis of the different procedures available in Article 7 TEU, Article 258, 259 and 267 TFEU it is researched how effective these procedures are when examined together with a theory of effectiveness, for the purpose of upholding the fundamental principles and values in Article 2 TEU and enforce these. LÄS MER