Sökning: "BBC News"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 uppsatser innehållade orden BBC News.
1. Fighting climate change starts with journalists : An analysis of the news coverage of the annual United Nations climate summits by the BBC online between 2008 and 2018Magister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Climate change is one of the biggest threats the world is currently facing and it seems that people are able to significantly influence this threat. In order for people to understand the urgency of fighting climate change it is important that they are well informed and that they understand how their actions can matter. LÄS MER
2. Vision and visibility of women in technoscience : On the participation of women in the social imaginary of technoscience and popular mediaMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Genus
Sammanfattning : After situating my interest in issues of women’s participation in technoscience, starting withmy experiences in the 1970s, this thesis turns to consider women’s visibility in more recenttechnoscience, in the light of European Commission figures indicating a slower progressionfor women into the more prestigious positions in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineeringand Mathematics) than the Commission had hoped.Two media case studies are presented focusing on the visibility of women in the EuropeanUnion (including the United Kingdom). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ergonomi och aerosolteknologi
Sammanfattning : As globalization and technological innovations continue to support the rise of multinational corporations, it has become increasingly pressing for business to cater to a worldwide audience. Particularly, websites from these companies must be both navigable and easily comprehendible to individuals across cultures to cater to global audiences. LÄS MER
4. Victims, Exotic Warriors or Heroines? Framing the motivations of Kurdish female fighters in the war against Islamic StateMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on investigating how the three British newspapers, The Guardian, The Telegraph and the BBC News, frame the motivations of the Kurdish female fighters joining armed forces in the war against Islamic State. It also explores, what are the reasons behind these portrayals and in what ways Kurdish female fighters challenge the existing discourse of Middle Eastern women. LÄS MER
5. Strategic Narratives in Media Representations of the Refugee Crisis of 2015 : A Comparative Study between RT and BBC World NewsMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/JMK
Sammanfattning : As immigration turns into the scapegoat of political and social tensions all over the world and politicians that seem to be talking about migration flows communicate instead their conception of the world and where it should head, this study investigates the refugee crisis of 2015 as represented in the two global television channels RT and BBCW. Widely studied for the depiction the press gives of the refugees, for the first time the refugee crisis is analyzed as an arena where competing understandings of international relations are constructed, in a media ecology where a myriad of actors have a chance to foreground their truth and where wars are fought, and possibly won, through the weapons of values, culture and the attraction they exercise (Nye Jr. LÄS MER