Sökning: "Big Research Facilities"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 uppsatser innehållade orden Big Research Facilities.
1. Systems Thinking in Maltreatment Investigations: Evaluating the Use of an AcciMap Approach to Assist Licensing InvestigatorsMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : To help protect the health, safety and well-being of vulnerable adults and children receiving care within licensed facilities and prevent future incidents of maltreatment, state human services licensing departments investigate allegations of maltreatment occurring within these facilities. Despite these efforts, maltreatment continues to occur and is increasing within licensed facilitates across the United States. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, matematik och samhälle (NMS)
Sammanfattning : Technology has only been a mandatory school subject in Sweden since the 1980s, and it has no tradition on its own as to didactics and content. This makes it hard for teachers to practice equivalent teaching in agreement with the curriculum. LÄS MER
3. Security lighting in horse riding halls: Development of a simulation-led testing methodology in VRMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Energi och byggnadsdesign; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : Security lighting plays a vital role for safe evacuation during an emergency such as power outage or a fire related incidence. Installing a security lighting system properly is more crucial for a horse riding facility for two reasons. LÄS MER
4. Primordial Gravitational Waves and ultra-light Dark Matter in a complex singlet extended Standard ModelKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Teoretisk partikelfysik
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the consequences of extending the internal symmetries of the standard model with a complex singlet scalar field, are investigated in terms of dark matter phenomenology and the possibility of primordial gravitational wave detection utilizing space based laser interferometry. The scalar potential of the model is constructed with a Z2 symmetry, which allows for the retainment of a linear and a quadratic coupling parameter, as well as a stable dark matter candidate, and an additional non-zero vacuum expectation value for the real component of the scalar field. LÄS MER
5. Emergency Preparedness Process Proposal for Radiological Incidents at Accelerator Driven FacilitiesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : The European Spallation Source (ESS) is an accelerator driven research facility under construction. Once commissioned, a linear accelerator supplies protons to a target, whereupon neutrons are generated through a process called “spallation”. Neutron beam time will be available for a variety of scientific experiments. LÄS MER