Sökning: "Black Carbon"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 63 uppsatser innehållade orden Black Carbon.
1. The content, chemical state and accumulation of vanadium in a drill core of Alum shale from KinnekulleKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kemiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Exploitation of alum shale is a controversial subject in Sweden due to the history of pollution of the environment and groundwater, from past mining industries. The extraction of vanadium from alum shale is no different. Nevertheless the metal is a valuable resource used in tools, building, industries and aerospace materials. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Förbränningsfysik
Sammanfattning : Raman spectroscopy is well known as a method that can be used to study the structural characteristics of carbon materials such as soot and carbon black. In this work, a Raman spectroscopy setup was used to record spectra of various carbonaceous samples under different experimental conditions. LÄS MER
3. Pale, male and stale : To what extent does achieving the UK’s carbon budgets rely on greater diversity within the energy sector?Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Genus
Sammanfattning : With increasing recognition that reducing carbon emissions from energy in the UK will make a significant contribution to the mitigation of anthropogenic climate change, and with carbon budgets forged following the Climate Change Act 2005 looking unlikely to be met, it is clear that sectoral changes are required to catalyse the decarbonisation process. Alongside the need for this industry to be at the forefront of decarbonisation, the energy sector needs to diversify and employ more women, Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBT and disabled people, as well as those from different social classes and varied educational backgrounds. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för tillämpad fysik och elektronik
Sammanfattning : Industrin står för 32% av den globala energianvändningen och majoriteten av industrins utsläpp sker vid förbränning av fossila bränslen för värmeanvändning. Hälften av industrins värmeanvändning uppskattas vara i temperaturer upp till 400 °C vilket är lämpligt för värme från solfångare. LÄS MER
5. Feeding the 45 million : substituting soybean protein with insect protein within EU poultry and egg productionMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : A global population increasing both in number and in resource consumption per capita has resulted in food, livestock feed and energy crop demands that are increasingly difficult to meet on rapidly degrading soils within a diminishing available area of arable land. With further expansion of agricultural land infeasible and yield increases through further intensification insufficient to meet the scale of predicted crop demand, the use of insects as an animal feed has gained traction as a method of not only reducing competition for arable land, but also some of the detrimental environmental consequences of livestock and conventional feed production. LÄS MER