Sökning: "Buyout Activity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden Buyout Activity.
1. What does private equity buy? – A comparison between financial and strategic buyers in European PTP transactions 2005-2019Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : MSc in Finance.... LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : We study the relationship between the aggregate risk premium, public-to-private leveraged buyout(LBO) activity, and target betas in the U.K. following recent literature covering the topic in a U.S. LÄS MER
3. The Booms and Busts of Private Equity - A study of the drivers and components of private equity cyclesD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : In this paper we study the drivers behind private equity cycles. The data consists of 107 282 deals made by 7 296 firms. We hypothesize that activity in the private equity industry is driven by economic shocks, capital supply and demand, as well as market timing, information asymmetries, and agency conflicts. LÄS MER
4. Initial Returns and Long-Run Performance of Private Equity-backed IPOs in the UK: The Post-Y2K ExperienceD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : This paper studies a sample of 257 initial public offerings (IPO) that occurred in the period from 2001 to 2011, differentiated into sub-samples of 32 venture capital-backed (VC), 55 buyout-backed (BO), and 170 non-backed (NB) share issuances undertaken on the London Stock Exchange's (LSE) Main Market and Alternative Investment Market. We separately analyze initial first-day returns, commonly referred to as underpricing, as well as long-run after-market performance using an event study setting with a horizon of 36 months. LÄS MER
5. The performance of Nordic buyout-backed IPOs - An empirical study on first-day returns, aftermarket abnormal returns and IPO cyclicalityD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för redovisning och finansiering
Sammanfattning : Using a sample of 443 Nordic IPOs, consisting of 53 buyout-backed, 70 venture capital-backed and 320 non-sponsored issues from January 1997 to December 2010, this paper investigates the financial performance of buyout-backed IPOs listed on the Nordic stock exchanges. We compare and contrast the first-day returns and aftermarket abnormal returns over a period of three years of buyout-backed IPOs to those of non-sponsored and venture capital-backed. LÄS MER