Sökning: "Canadian media"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Canadian media.
1. Climate change discourse in Canadian print media : A quantitative and qualitative analysis of print media from two Canadian regionsMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/HLK, Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Over the last 30 years, awareness of anthropogenic climate change has increased and quickly become the one of the most pressing issues facing our planet. Canada is both a nation that has contributed to the acceleration of the climate problem and one that aims to help address the issues through commitments to global climate accords and other accountability actions. LÄS MER
2. Securing the Arctic : A comparative study of mainstream media representation of the securitization of the Arctic in Norway and CanadaKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Väst/Avd för juridik, ekonomi, statistik och politik; Högskolan Väst/Avd för juridik, ekonomi, statistik och politik
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to describe and compare how the securitization of the Arctic is represented in mainstream media of Norway and Canada. As two Arctic nations part of the likeminded group in international relations it is interesting to see how national media frames respective nations’ Arctic interests and strategy. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to gather an understanding of the creation of unlikely alliances within the environmental movement as a social movement. This is done in turn done by looking at the resistance among the environmental movement as well as grassroots organizations that arose around the proposal to build a pipeline called Keystone XL made by the Canadian oil company TransCanada in 2008. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Sektionen för management; Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Sektionen för management
Sammanfattning : Consumers today are no longer bound to advertisers in their search for product information. Social media platforms and technologies are now empowering consumers to share product information with each other. This act is disempowering marketers and their agencies of record that are struggling to be relevant in the age of Web 2.0. LÄS MER
5. Subtle differences with visible consequences - a Study of Cross-cultural Communication between Swedes and Canadians in Swedish-related Organizations in the Toronto Area.Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för strategisk kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study was primarily to locate, describe and explain the impact of cultural differences on communication between Swedes and Canadians in Swedish-related companies in the Toronto area in Canada. In this we included communication between co-workers within the company, between the Swedish-related company and the Swedish mother company and between the Swedish-related company and other, outside, Canadian parties. LÄS MER