Sökning: "Capital crunch"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden Capital crunch.
1. The Expected Credit Loss Model's Impact on the Cyclicality of Credit Supply: A Study of the Implementation of IFRS 9D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för redovisning och finansiering
Sammanfattning : The accounting standard for recognizing loan loss provisions changed in 2018 from IAS 39 to IFRS 9. IFRS 9 introduced the expected credit loss model (ECL), intended to be an improved alternative to its predecessor, the incurred credit loss model (ICL), which was criticized for the "too little, too late" provisioning during the 2008 financial crisis. LÄS MER
2. Financing Success through Equity crowdfunding : The case of Start-ups and SMEs funded on a European crowdfunding platformMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi; Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Due to changes of regulations in the banking sector after the credit crunch, equity crowdfunding has become an alternative funding source in raising capital for small and medium sized enterprises, that face a lack of financial resources or trustworthiness. The aim of this thesis is to identify the determinants of a successful equity crowdfunding project. LÄS MER
3. Market Reaction to Seasoned Equity Offerings by European Banks during the Recent Financial CrisisD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis attempts to assess the short-term costs of raising new equity for European banks during the recent crisis. We analyze the effect of seasoned equity offerings (SEOs) on stock prices and CDS spreads, using an event study methodology. LÄS MER
4. EU INNOVATION POLICY AND THE ECJ’S ABANDONED FORAY INTO THE REALM OF NATIONAL DIRECT TAXATION MEASURESMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : For over a decade and recently as a means to overcome the crippling effects of the credit crunch and its recessionary effects on European economies, EU institutions have initiated an expansive innovation policy centered on the development and support of entrepreneurs and emerging growth ventures. Private investment in the form of venture capital (VC) is necessary to support this policy in that the VC market provides a unique and essential link between finance and innovation. LÄS MER
- C-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : We show that the exposure of US equity mutual funds to Carhart's four-factor model vary with the state of the economy. In bad times, equity mutual funds underinvest in small and value stocks. We find that these reactions can be explained by the change in riskiness of small and value firms. LÄS MER