Sökning: "Carmen Eng"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 44 uppsatser innehållade orden Carmen Eng.
1. Equality in the Animal Kingdom: Human Beings and Animals Negotiating Their Relationship in the P.L. Travers’ Mary Poppins BooksKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Pets, instruments, a source of food, objects of wonder - animals are still considered inferior beings because of their inability to speak. Animal rights philosophers, such as Peter Singer, focus on the capacity of animals to suffer, in order that animals are given more rights. LÄS MER
2. Will preschool engagement predict later achievement and engagement in school? : A longitudinal study in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Jönköping University/HLK, CHILD
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Jönköping University/IHH, Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Background: Challenging times have affected all economic sectors and every business environment. Hence the importance of developing resilience, particularly in startups that are young organizations characterized by dynamism and often lack resources. LÄS MER
4. Bias in the Context of Artificial Intelligence Systems: Analyzing the risks and contributors from a data perspectiveMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för informatik
Sammanfattning : As Artificial Intelligence (AI) is progressing to take over decision making in different industries, the threat that comes with the use of these systems is also increasing. One major threat is the risk of these systems acting biased, causing discrimination to parts of the population. LÄS MER
5. Ghostly Bells and Monstrous Drumming : An Exploration of Intermediality and Supernatural Strangeness in "Especially Heinous"Master-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : Various contemporary female authors deploy supernatural motifs portrayed through or alongside diverse forms of intermediality in texts which thematise the patriarchal oppression of women. In order to throw light on this phenomenon, this thesis investigates the intermedial relations and supernatural motifs of Carmen Maria Machado’s novella “Especially Heinous: 272 Views of Law & Order: SVU”, and their relation to the political themes of the text. LÄS MER