Sökning: "Child soldier"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden Child soldier.
1. Beyond the dichotomies of a coercion and voluntary recruitment, Afghan unaccompanied minors unveil their recruitment process in IranMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : By shedding light on accounts from unaccompanied Afghan asylum-seeking minors in Sweden who were child soldiers in Syria, this thesis explores and examines their narratives and their involvement in the civil war in Syria. The research aims to create a deeper understanding of how these children themselves made sense of their participation in the war by answering the following questions: How were the children approached by the recruiters? What kind of reasons for joining the war are put forward by the recruiters and what strategies do the children encounter: a) economic; b) identity formation; c) social deprivation; d) feeling of vulnerability; e) militarization; f) mental development; g) ideology/ religious-sectarian; or all together? How do the children perceive these encounters and make sense of their recruitment to the Shiite Fatemiyoun Brigade? To which extent has the ideology of Shi’ism played an important role for them in joining the Syrian War? This is a qualitative study based on in-depth interviews which combines procedures from two approaches and techniques: an ethnographic approach and a narrative approach that explores the interviewees’ experiences in a period of time and also generates detailed insights. LÄS MER
2. DO REBEL GROUPS THAT RECRUIT CHILD SOLDIERS PERPETRATE MORE SEXUAL VIOLENCE? A quantitative analysis of rebel groups in armed conflicts between 1989-2009.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This master thesis explores the relationship between child soldier recruitment and rebel groups’ perpetration of sexual violence. As research has shown that levels of sexual violence not only vary across conflicts, but also across armed groups, scholars have recently come to examine what armed group characteristics can explain this variation. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis encircles the Ongwen case currently pending in the International Criminal Court. The thesis develops a number of theoretical observations, focusing on the unique character of this case in terms of a ‘victim-perpetrator’ perspective. LÄS MER
4. The Denial of Motherhood in Beloved and Crossing the River : A Postcolonial Literary Study of How the Institution of Slavery Has Restricted Motherhood for CenturiesKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Engelska
Sammanfattning : The aim of this essay is to explore motherhood in two postcolonial literary works by African American author Toni Morrison and British author Caryl Phillips, who was born in the Caribbean. The essay is based on Morrison’s award winning novel Beloved, which was published in 1987 and was inspired by the escaping African American slave Margareth Garner. LÄS MER
5. Child Soldiers in Armed Conflict : A quantitative study concerning the effect of education on child soldier recruitmentKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER