Sökning: "Child soldiers"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 43 uppsatser innehållade orden Child soldiers.
1. Child Soldiers as an Expendable Resource: Costs Related to Child Soldiering : How Does Child Soldier Usage Affect Rebel Losses?Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : As there seem to be a relationship between child soldiering and increased fighting capacity, there appears to be logical advantages of using child soldiers. However, research suggest that children ought to be inferior soldiers than adults. LÄS MER
2. Socializing Children to be Killers : How child soldiering affects violence against civilians where civilian support is low: Sierra Leone, Algeria, and MyanmarKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The issue of child soldiering continues to be a significant part of armed conflicts. The research on children in conflict has not fully been able to understand how children not only experience but also actively participate in war. LÄS MER
3. The inclusion of girls depends on women : A study of the inclusion of girls associated with armed forces and armed groups in DDR programs by women mediators in Colombia, the DRC and SomaliaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyzes the relation between women mediators in peace negotiations and the inclusion of female child soldiers in disarm, demobilize and reintegrate (DDR) processes. Research shows that despite the adoption of UNSCR 1325 and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, there is low participation of women in peace processes. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : A history of fragility and conflicts in Somalia has had severe impact on the security of citizens, most notably children. Different non-state actors and armed militias have appeared in Somalia’s timeline impacting the region’s, neighboring and global security. LÄS MER
5. The War on Children's Rights : Civilian Support and Rebel Groups' Recruitment and Use of Child SoldiersKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : In an attempt to deepen the understanding of rebel groups' recruitment and use of child sodiers, this paper theorizes that a greater dependence on civilian support increases the cost of systematically recruiting and using child soldiers, leading to a decreased likelihood of them engaging in this recruitment pattern. This would be a result of rebel groups receiving resources mainly from a civilian supprt base, and therefore adjusting their conduct in order to obtain the support. LÄS MER