Sökning: "Child soldiers"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden Child soldiers.
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Lethal autonomous robots (LAR) have revolutionized weapon-technology and warfare with their predicted ability to both select and kill targets without human involvement, permission or control. The lack of control in LAR will challenge many aspects of international law, amongst them international criminal law (ICL). LÄS MER
2. Sanctions as a tool for compliance : A quantitative study on violations of international humanitarian law and imposition of economic sanctionsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The 1990’s did not only see the end of the Cold War, it experienced several man-made humanitarian crises, an emerging debate on the responsibility to protect, and an increased number of sanctions. All at the same time. LÄS MER
3. Beyond the dichotomies of a coercion and voluntary recruitment, Afghan unaccompanied minors unveil their recruitment process in IranMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : By shedding light on accounts from unaccompanied Afghan asylum-seeking minors in Sweden who were child soldiers in Syria, this thesis explores and examines their narratives and their involvement in the civil war in Syria. The research aims to create a deeper understanding of how these children themselves made sense of their participation in the war by answering the following questions: How were the children approached by the recruiters? What kind of reasons for joining the war are put forward by the recruiters and what strategies do the children encounter: a) economic; b) identity formation; c) social deprivation; d) feeling of vulnerability; e) militarization; f) mental development; g) ideology/ religious-sectarian; or all together? How do the children perceive these encounters and make sense of their recruitment to the Shiite Fatemiyoun Brigade? To which extent has the ideology of Shi’ism played an important role for them in joining the Syrian War? This is a qualitative study based on in-depth interviews which combines procedures from two approaches and techniques: an ethnographic approach and a narrative approach that explores the interviewees’ experiences in a period of time and also generates detailed insights. LÄS MER
4. Girls Used in Armed Conflict – An analysis of the protection of girls, associated with armed groups or forces, through prohibitions on using children in armed conflictUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : Since the 1970s, the practice of conscripting, enlisting or recruiting children into armed groups or forces has become increasingly common, and many children are used for various tasks in conflicts around the globe. Children are easily persuaded or forced into such armed groups or forces, and they suffer great harm from exposure to violence. LÄS MER
5. Adjudicating Intra-Party Rape and Sexual Slavery of Child Soldiers as War Crimes before the ICC: Bosco Ntaganda CaseMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : In adjudicating sexual violence offenses perpetrated against child soldiers in Ntaganda case, the Appeals Chamber holds that having regard to the established framework of international law, members of an armed force or group are not categorically excluded from the protection against war crimes of rape and sexual slavery under article 8 (2) (b) (xxii) and (2) (e) (vi) of the Statute when committed by members of the same armed force or group. This research explores the drawbacks of the finding and considers its legal consequences. LÄS MER