Sökning: "Childbearing trends"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden Childbearing trends.
1. Comparative Research into Recent Family and Partnership Formation and Dissolution Patterns in Nordic Countries: the case of IcelandMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The current conjecture towards Nordic fertility rates brings the focus on the state of advancement of the second demographic transition (SDT) in the region. Nordic countries’ SDT developments have been unique as they have not experienced the same low fertility as other countries. LÄS MER
2. Home-leaving and Parenthood : Timing of home-leaving and the relation to childbearing behavior in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Objective: This thesis examines the timing of having the first child in relation to when Swedish men and women leave the parental home. The aim is to explain if any childbearing trends can be detected based on whether one leaves the parental home at a younger or older relative age than the current age norms. LÄS MER
3. House prices and fertility rates: Empirical evidence on the wealth effect and the option value effect in SwedenD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : Previous literature suggests that fertility rates of house owners respond more positively to higher house prices than those of renters due to a housing wealth effect. The identification of such wealth effect relies on the assumption that house owners and renters respond equally to higher house prices as the investment cost of having an additional child. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : In the past few decades Japan has experienced changes in its marital institution. Japanese men and women have started to postpone marriage and childbearing or remain unmarried, and the number of divorces have increased. Exactly the changes in marriage trends have been the point of departure of this study. LÄS MER
5. Childbearing Trends in Iceland 1982-2013 : Critical junctures and subsequent fertility developments in a Nordic contextMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the paper we examine the childbearing trends in Iceland during 1982-2013 by analyzing theprogression to parities one, two and three, as well as changes in the birth spacing patterns over theperiod. Emphasis are placed on the years after the turn of the century. LÄS MER