Sökning: "Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 uppsatser innehållade orden Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s contemporary literary works have prominently engaged with diasporic experiences, migration, and gender disparity,among other issues that fit under the umbrella of postcolonial literature. This essay aims to further explorethe representation of ‘the African woman’in three stories found in Adichie’s story collectionThe Thing Around Your Neck,namely ‘Imitation’, ‘The Thing Around Your Neck’, and ‘Jumping Monkey Hill’. LÄS MER
2. An Intentionalist Approach to the Question of the White Outsider’s Authorial Rights in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun and Lloyd Jones’ Mister PipMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Litteratur - Kultur – Media
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores how Half of a Yellow Sun (2006) by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Mister Pip (2006) by Lloyd Jones engage with the issue of the white male outsider’s activity of writing black people’s stories. It shows that Adichie counters the discourse that entitles the Western subject, Richard, to tell African stories by transferring his interpretive privilege to the African object, Ugwu. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Formation Within the Nation : Migration and Marginalization in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's AmericanahKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Migration and its consequences are often discussed in contemporary postcolonial discussions. This topic of migration is central in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah. Adichie’s portrayal of the migrating subject has placed her in the center of the Afropolitan discussion about transnational Africans and their right to represent. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Afrikanska studier
Sammanfattning : Recently new novels about the Biafra war have appeared, proving the ongoing impact of the Nigerian civil war on writers’ interest, and the importance of memory in our life. For all these reasons, I decided to write the present thesis on how memory function in a literary work. LÄS MER