Sökning: "Chinese learners of English"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 uppsatser innehållade orden Chinese learners of English.
1. Naïve listeners’ perceptual learning of Chinese tones: The influence of L1 background in prosody and the effect of an auditory-image (AI) training paradigmMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap; Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The present perceptual learning study was conducted in an attempt to investigate to which extent naïve listeners’ L1 prosodic background affected their learning performance of a lexical tone language and whether an auditory-image (AI) training paradigm curtailed the online-learning process of lexical tones. Thirty-three Mandarin-naïve Swedish-native listeners (NS listeners) and 33 Mandarin-naïve English-native listeners (NE listeners) participated in a behaviour experiment designed to answer the question of whether native listeners of a pitch accent language (NS listeners) had an advantage over native listeners of a non-tonal non-pitch-accent language (NE listeners) in learning to perceive tones in Mandarin Chinese (MC). LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : In this quantitative study, time controlled written English compositions by 39 Chinese university majors of English were analyzed by means of Error Analysis (EA) in order to find out what grammatical errors were made. It investigates errors made by more than one fifth of the participants, in order to see whether they can be ascribed to either interlingual or intralingual influence. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to examine factors that influence the use of shell nouns in the writing production by Chinese and Swedish authors. Based on previous studies of shell nouns, this research establishes a theoretical model and a hypothesis is put forward: Though writing in the same genre, Chinese and Swedish authors have different ways of adopting shell nouns partially due to first language transfer. LÄS MER
4. The hierarchy of Chinese grammar: A cross-sectional study of L2 Chinese within Processability TheoryMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Processability Theory (PT) is a well-established theoretical framework within the field of Second Language Acquisition, which describes the development of acquiring language as a process of acquiring procedural skills. The procedural skills are necessary for the learner being able to process different grammatical structures of the target language, and these are obtained by the learner through available input and the given learning device. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur
Sammanfattning : Anyone who has been learning a new language knows the feeling of anxiety when facedwith the task to use it in the classroom and in real life. Foreign Language Anxiety isconcept developed by Horwitz et al. (1986) to describe and measure this specific form ofanxiety. LÄS MER