Sökning: "Civil Society"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 830 uppsatser innehållade orden Civil Society.
1. WOMEN’S CIVIL SOCIETY AND COUNTRIES’ SUPPORT OF SUPRANATIONAL POLICY CONCERNING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN A quantitative analysis of countries’ ratification of the Istanbul ConventionMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Violence against women (VAW) is a societal problem and a violation of human rights. It iscrucial that governments act on the oppression that women face for being women. There has been a lack of a coherent legal system across Europe on VAW. LÄS MER
2. THE EFFECT OF CULTURAL AND ECONOMIC INSECURITY ON AUTHORITARIAN ATTITUDES A study on the effect of cultural and economic insecurity on authoritarian attitudes depending on level of post-materialismMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores the relationship between cultural and economic insecurity in post-materialist and materialist countries. This is done using OLS regression to test whether the effect of different forms of insecurity on authoritarian attitudes differs between materialist and post-materialist countries. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Lobbying as a phenomenon and its purpose has been debated for decades. Some say it is used by big corporations trying to influence politicians to see it their way. Some scientists say lobbying provides a channel for the public to participate, by voicing their opinions. LÄS MER
4. Deliberation and climate change- A quantitative analysis of potential relationships between deliberation and countries’ efforts in mitigating climate changeKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The debate whether democracy and its procedures are capable of tackling climate change has been going on for years. One mechanism that has been claimed to yield improved environmental performance is deliberation. Meetings between civil society and politicians are assumed to generate more ambitious environmental policy. LÄS MER
5. Local NGOs’ Contribution to Peacebuilding and Conflict Prevention in the Southern Region of UkraineMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Since the end of the Cold War peacebuilding and conflict prevention became an important part of the international agenda in the processes of achieving peace. Nowadays there is an acknowledgment that civil society is an important actor that shares responsibility with the state, international actors, and contributes to rebuilding of states and societies after violent conflicts. LÄS MER