Sökning: "Civil War"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 373 uppsatser innehållade orden Civil War.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : During late 2010 and early 2011 many countries in the Middle East and North Africa were subjected to massive popular uprisings against the regimes. The protests that started in Tunisia soon spread over the entire region. Despite developing in a similar way the protests have had different results. LÄS MER
2. Does higher quality peacekeepers equal better civilian protection? : A qualitative research study on UN-peacekeeping effectiveness in Mali and the DRCKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate whether higher quality troops would perform better in civilian protection within UN-peacekeeping missions. The appropriate method to answer this question was through a Structured Focused Comparison and the most similar system design. LÄS MER
3. The United States involvement in Yemen : A case study with rational and humanitarian reasoning of the involvement, influence and its objectiveKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine why the US is involved in Yemen’s civil war and what factors are contributing to its involvement, particularly if the US involvement in Yemen is based on self-interest or humanitarian motives. As a qualitive desk study, this research uses rational choice theory and the humanitarian intervention framework as its analytical framework. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för lärande, humaniora och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Margaret Mitchell’s one and only novel, Gone with the Wind, was an instant hit when it waspublished in 1936. The novel is a romantic tragedy that takes place in a very traditional society inthe state of Georgia in the United States before, during, and after the Civil War. LÄS MER
5. Analys av nyckelrättigheter i väpnade konflikter : Hur nyckelrättigheter respekteras i det pågående kriget i SyrienKandidat-uppsats, Enskilda Högskolan Stockholm/Avdelningen för mänskliga rättigheter och demokrati
Sammanfattning : Abstract This essay has been about investigating and analyzing key rights in armed conflicts and howthey are respected in the Syrian war. The essay brings up three key rights and they are- the right to life- torture and other cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment- protection of cultural propertyRegarding these rights, questions are formulated- How have the human key rights been respected in the Syrian war?- How does the protection for the key rights look within IHL?- What do the prospects for an acceptable situation look like in short term?The Syrian war started in mars 2011 as a result of the Arabic spring. LÄS MER