Sökning: "Colonial literature"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 66 uppsatser innehållade orden Colonial literature.
1. Texts and Paratexts in a Colonial Context. Krupabai Satthianadhan's English Novels 'Saguna' and 'Kamala'Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : The anglophone Indian author Krupabai Satthianadhan (1862-1894) was a second-generation Christian convert and a member of the Christian Tamil family in colonial Madras. Knowledge of English was still a high-caste male privilege when Satthianadhan published reformist articles on female education. Her two novels, the autobiographical Saguna. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This thesis will provide an analysis of the current Parliament building in Beirut, which is called Majlis an-Nuwwab, and was built by the French colonial state that ruled over Lebanon. It will examine to what extent it has theoretically contributed to the mediation of the French colonial power over Lebanon, through the analytical framework provided by Njoh and Bigon, along with a theoretical framework offered by Kim Dovey. LÄS MER
3. "...life had been lived" : Gender performance and woman objectification in Arundhati Roy's The God of Small ThingsKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för didaktik och lärares praktik (DLP)
Sammanfattning : This essay investigates women’s situation at home and in society, in Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things, from a gender performance perspective. The essay also explores the pedagogical implications of using the novel in the EFL classroom. LÄS MER
4. Svenska musikläroböckers koloniala arv : ”vi” och ”de” i musikläroböcker för svensk grundskola.Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för musik och bild (MB)
Sammanfattning : This literature analysis aims to explore the colonial heritage of textbooks meant for teaching music in Swedish grade schools. The books analysed were released between 1969 and 2018 and range from pure songbooks, pure textbooks to teacher guides. LÄS MER
5. Repainting the Rainbow: A Postcolonial Analysis on the Politics of the LGBTQ Movement in Colombo, Sri LankaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : LGBTQ issues have been mainstreamed in media and academic literature, especially in countries of the Commonwealth of Nations, where homosexuality has been said to be criminalized through the commonly known “sodomy laws”. This has fueled an international social movement, led by Western human rights organizations, with cultural, political and economic goals seeking to advance LGBTQ rights globally. LÄS MER