Sökning: "Common Security and Defence Policy CSDP"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 uppsatser innehållade orden Common Security and Defence Policy CSDP.
1. EUROPE’S QUEST FOR STRATEGIC AUTONOMY - A Liberal Intergovernmentalism Approach to the Initiatives of the CSDP introduced amidst the Russian Invasions of Ukraine (2014 and 2022)Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In a rapidly evolving geopolitical landscape marked by the Russian invasions of Ukraine between 2014 and 2022, the European Union’s security and defence policy approaches have garnered significant attention. This research critically examines the adaptations within the European Union’s Common Security and Defense Policy (CSDP) initiatives in this context. LÄS MER
2. Navigating Overlaps: State Motivations and the Evolving Relationship Between the European Union and NATO : A Case Study of Finland and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The EU has for a long time been moving towards taking more responsibility for its own security through the creation of programmes such as the Common Defence and Security Policy (CSDP) and the European Defence Fund. Increased uncertainty regarding security has caused many states to reconsider their defence arrangements, especially internationally. LÄS MER
3. From a defence opt-out to a defence opt-in : Exploring the Danish government’s framing of their policy shift regarding the military aspects of the EU´s CSDPMaster-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : When the Danish government conducted a policy shift, calling for an overturn of the defence opt-out of the European common security and defence policy (CSDP) during the spring of 2022, it was not clear that the public would vote yes. It is not challenging for existing research to explain why the government changed its attitude towards the EU, a more interesting focus, however, is how a government in a pressured situation tries to conduct a credible policy change. LÄS MER
- L2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Why do states collaborate in military international cooperations? This paper attempts to illustrate the trends and give explanations to the EU member states' attitudes towards an EU military and defence union through a quantitative statistical analysis. The recent tendency of increased collaboration and expansion of the common security and defence policy of the Union has been a widely discussed topic and developed the consideration of a possible future for European military cooperation. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis will be studying the EUs Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) and the notion of strategic autonomy, asking why at this particular time does the EU strive for strategic autonomy. This research puzzle together with the research question What factors are behind the EUs sudden strive for strategic autonomy and how can it best be theoretically explained? provides the focus of this thesis. LÄS MER