Sökning: "Common currency areas"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden Common currency areas.
1. A CURRENCY UNION’S EFFECT ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE - EMU membership effect on international trade for Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta and SlovakiaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates if there is an increase in international trade from joining a currency union. This is done by looking at the European Monetary Union with a focus on four countries that became members in 2007-2009: Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta and Slovakia. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The paper attempts to explore the monetary policy strategy set by the European Central Bank, where one interest rate is set for all the countries in the Euro Area, denominated as the “one size fits all policy”, and the significance of its impact on the Economic Monetary Union countries business cycles between two periods that range from 1999 until 2017. The process englobes a discussion on how such policy is determined, the previous theory that regards the construction of a common currency area, a quick look of the structure of the ECB as an institution and the consequence of its monetary policy in Euro Area countries. LÄS MER
3. The influence that a common currency and market conditions have on economic integration : A cross-quantilogram and DCC-EGARCH approachMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Nationalekonomi; Linköpings universitet/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : Countries participating in a common currency area increase their integration within the area. This paper investigates the impact common currency areas have for economic integration with economies of different characteristic outside the area. Results for a common currency group compares to a sovereign currency group. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Abstract: Austria-Hungary was from 1867 to the beginning of the first world war, one of Europe’s largest countries and also a monetary and customs union exhibiting features common in recent debates on economic integration. The role of economic integration on growth, development and industrialisation are central themes in today’s debates. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Economics, Finance and Statistics
Sammanfattning : The efficiency and practicality of currency areas is a controversial source of debate in the field of economics nowadays. Advocates of the system predict that currency unions lead to higher trade volumes as a result of reduced exchange rate uncertainty and higher integration. LÄS MER