Sökning: "Corporate Governance"
Visar resultat 16 - 20 av 637 uppsatser innehållade orden Corporate Governance.
16. Organizational and Board Characteristics’ Impact on Female Board Representation: Evidence from Swedish Publicly Listed Financial FirmsMaster-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi; Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Background - The underrepresentation of women in corporate boardrooms has been a central corporate governance issue for decades; still, improvement is made at a slow pace and varies by industry sector. On average, the Swedish financial industry displays high levels of female board representation compared to other industry sectors; however, there are large differences between the companies. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper examines the effect of corporate governance quality on firms’ payout policy. We analyze a global sample of 3,904 firms (25,773 firm-year observations) over the period 2002-2016. LÄS MER
18. Is Predicting Goodwill Impairment Rolling a Loaded Dice? : An Examination of Goodwill Impairment Prediction ModelsD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för redovisning och finansiering
Sammanfattning : This study examines the predictability of goodwill impairments in a U.S. GAAP setting. Using the methodology developed by Hayn and Hughes (2006), we first analyze whether the predictability of goodwill impairments has increased since the implementation of SFAS 141 and SFAS 142. LÄS MER
19. What determines CEO compensation in retail banks? : A comparative study in Sweden and the UK following the financial crisisMaster-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi; Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Abstract Background: Following the financial crisis in 2008, a debate concerning excessive compensation of CEOs in retail banks arose. Previous studies have examined the association between CEO compensation and different factors namely, firm performance, board characteristics and firm size. LÄS MER
20. Ownership Structure's Effect on Dividend Payout Policy - A study on controlling shareholders' effect on dividend payout ratios of Swedish listed firms through a corporate governance perspectiveD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : Swedish firms' distinct ownership structures with high prevalence of controlling shareholders and separation of ownership and control via the use of dual class shares creates potential for large conflicts of interests between controlling shareholders and minority shareholders. Dividend payouts can act as a device for restricting these agency conflicts by disgorging cash to minority shareholders. LÄS MER