Sökning: "Crater Wear"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Crater Wear.
1. Development of a Laboratory Test Method for Assessment of Crater Wear Volume on Inserts for Steel TurningUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för teknikvetenskap och matematik
Sammanfattning : This thesis project was carried out at Sandvik Coromant in Västberga, Sweden with the purpose of developing a new laboratory test method for volumetric assessment of crater wear on inserts for steel turning. The test method was developed with the Sandvik Coromant´s existing crater wear measurement method as a starting point. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Materialvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The crater wear of alumina coated WC-Co cutting tools is thought to be influenced by the chemical reactions between the coating and the workpiece material. Three different crystal orientations ((001), (012), and (100) of alpha alumina CVD coatings are examined in combination with four workpiece materials of steel to establish what reactions are present, and the extent of diffusion. LÄS MER
3. Tool wear in turning of titanium alloy Ti–6Al–4V : Challenges and potential solutions for crater wear, diffusion and chip formationUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Tillämpad materialvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Titanium alloys are major materials used in the airplane industry, and prospects show that airplane production will double in the next 20 years. Consequently, the demand for cutting tools for machining of titanium alloys will increase. The primary problem when machining titanium alloys is their low thermal conductivity. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för kemi - Ångström
Sammanfattning : In this master thesis, performed at AB Sandvik Coromant, wear and tool life of uncoated WC/Co grades have been investigated during longitudinal turning of the titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V. Due to titanium’s poor thermal conductivity and high chemical reactivity towards most metals, high temperature is achieved between the tool and workpiece material, resulting in high tool wear rates. LÄS MER
5. Relations between the performance of a coated cutting tool and the composition and properties of the wear resistant coating : A study including first principles modeling, mechanical properties and technological testingUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/MaterialteoriUppsala universitet/Institutionen för kemi - Ångström
Sammanfattning : This thesis work was performed at AB Sandvik Coromant and aimed to enhance the knowledge about the relationships between the performance of TiN and TiAlN-coated cutting tools in metal turning and their mechanical and chemical properties.Measurements of coating material properties and turning wear tests in annealed tool steel Sverker 21, stainless steel 316L, grey cast iron V314 and nodular cast iron SS0727 were performed. LÄS MER