Sökning: "Critical Theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2609 uppsatser innehållade orden Critical Theory.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the concept of Audience Development from both a linguistic and a practical perspective. Due to the complex nature of the concept and the possibilities of interpretation, we have studied how the concept is implemented in the various activities within Gothenburg's public cultural sector, through qualitative interviews and surveys. LÄS MER
2. THE GOVERNMENTAL DISCOURSE TOWARD HOMOSEXUALS IN SWEDEN. A critical discourse analysis of the changing discourse between the years 1935 and 2007Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This Master’s Thesis aims to examine how the governmental discourse of the attitudes toward homosexuals has changed in Sweden since 1935 up until modern day. To do this, selected quotes for deeper analysis based on a larger textual analysis of nine Government Commissioned Reports (SOUs) between 1935 and 2007 are used, consisting of approximately 1000 pages. LÄS MER
3. IDENTITY & TECHNO-UTOPIANISM. A Critical Discourse Analysis of Marketing Material and their Sociotechnical Imaginaries.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This research paper sets out to investigate the messaging present in a corpus of texts gathered from Acxiom’s, an American data-analysis and ‘Identity Solutions’-company, website. The paper applies a framework of Critical Discourse Analysis informed by Theo van Leeuwen’s theory of ‘legitimations’ and analyses the findings through the theoretical framework of ‘Sociotechnical Imaginaries’. LÄS MER
4. “The natural evolution of non-alignment” A qualitative case study of how Sweden’s identity as non-aligned is reconstructed through narratives in a changing security contextKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Sweden’s defence policy is characterized by non-alignment, which historically has meant avoiding military alliances to stay neutral in war. This policy of non-alignment is over 200 years old and deeply ingrained into Swedish national identity. LÄS MER
5. Climate on the Horizon?: Gothenburg dockworkers’ framings of their political horizon regarding climate changeMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The climate is rapidly warming, and this has triggered a global trend in mobilisation against climate change. Due to workers’ unique position within the capitalist mode of production the interest in the potential for labour mobilisation against climate change is growing. LÄS MER