Sökning: "Cultural relativism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 uppsatser innehållade orden Cultural relativism.
- Magister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Radical nationalist groups are growing in Sweden as well as in the rest of the world due to contemporary political, cultural and social rationale, where the internet is used as a catalyzer and tool to organize and spread their ideologies. Simultaneously, the structures and the system that hold journalism seem to be altering at a similar speed. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Hälsa och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Over 200 million women and girls alive today have been victims of Female Geni-tal Mutilation / Cutting, and another 3,6 million are at risk every year. This tradi-tional practice is widespread and has gained a lot of attention from Non-governmental organizations, scholars and medical professionals around the world, stating warnings about the harmful effects. LÄS MER
3. The Legal Framework Regulating Polygamy in Ethiopia: An Assessment In Light of Liberal Feminist Legal Theory and International Human Rights LawMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the Ethiopian laws governing polygamy in light of international human rights law standards and liberal feminist legal perspective. The international human rights law regime calls for the abolishment of polygamy through general comments/recommendations issued by the CEDAW and ICCPR treaty bodies. LÄS MER
4. Climate Blame Below The Glaciers - Challenges to Climate Justice in Peruvian Mountains and German CourtsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates climate blame amongst a local population in the Northern Andes, Peru, and relates it to arguments on climate liability in German courtrooms. It does so on the backdrop of a climate lawsuit, which in 2017 was accepted by the Higher Regional Court in Hamm, Germany, filed by a Peruvian farmer against a German coal- and electricity company. LÄS MER
5. Are polygamous marriages to be considered a human rights violation or a human rights realization in the contexts of Sweden and Tanzania?Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This two-case study “Are polygamous marriages to be considered a human rights violation or a human rights realization in the contexts of Sweden and Tanzania?” focuses on whether polygamous marriages can be considered a human rights violation in line with Universalism and the violation of women’s rights, or a human rights realization in line with Cultural Relativism and cultural and religious rights, in the contexts of Sweden and Tanzania. The research consists of two components. LÄS MER