Sökning: "Currency Union"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 41 uppsatser innehållade orden Currency Union.
1. A CURRENCY UNION’S EFFECT ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE - EMU membership effect on international trade for Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta and SlovakiaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates if there is an increase in international trade from joining a currency union. This is done by looking at the European Monetary Union with a focus on four countries that became members in 2007-2009: Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta and Slovakia. LÄS MER
- C-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : On June 23rd 2016, the United Kingdom (UK) voted to leave the European Union, resulting in what is often referred to as Brexit. The day after the vote, the British pound (GBP) declined to the lowest level against the US dollar in 30 years and the FTSE 100 lost around GBP 85 billion. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to analyze trade dynamics in the EU-area following the financial crisis of 2007/2008. Our goal has been to investigate whether there is any difference between eu-romember countries and non-euromember countries when it comes to trade in the aftermath of the crisis. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM)
Sammanfattning : The inception of the economic and monetary union (EMU) in January 1999 created new conditions for government debt. By eliminating currency exchange rate risk between the member states, the hope was to achieve a more sustainable and integrated government debt market in the euro area. LÄS MER
5. To each his own: the weighting schemes of monetary policy. A DSGE scenario analysis of the Euro Area and its MembersD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the role of different weighting schemes applied by a central bank to the members of a currency union in the conduction of monetary policy is analyzed. The analysis is conducted by embedding the coefficients of a Taylor rule, estimated by GMM on Euro Area data, in the two-country, open economy DSGE model developed in Erceg and Lindé (2013). LÄS MER