Sökning: "Currency union"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 43 uppsatser innehållade orden Currency union.
1. A CURRENCY UNION’S EFFECT ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE - EMU membership effect on international trade for Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta and SlovakiaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates if there is an increase in international trade from joining a currency union. This is done by looking at the European Monetary Union with a focus on four countries that became members in 2007-2009: Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta and Slovakia. LÄS MER
2. Is the European Union growing closer or apart? : A quantitative study examining the EU and its growth characteristicsKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Nationalekonomi; Umeå universitet/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : In the aftermath of the Brexit referendum, a public debate both whether membership in the European Union and the implementation of the euro, by joining the European Monetary Union provide economic benefits, is heating up and is a popular topic within the political scene. This has resulted in member states starting to doubt if it makes fiscal sense to stay in the union. LÄS MER
- C-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : On June 23rd 2016, the United Kingdom (UK) voted to leave the European Union, resulting in what is often referred to as Brexit. The day after the vote, the British pound (GBP) declined to the lowest level against the US dollar in 30 years and the FTSE 100 lost around GBP 85 billion. LÄS MER
4. The euro effect – the impact of EU bilateral real exchange rates on German net FDI : evidence from Germany and seven EU-countriesMaster-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : In literature it has been stated that in times of low capital barriers policies can impact real exchange rates (RERs) and, it has been shown that RERs influence foreign direct investment (FDI). As inward FDI is a growth stimulating factor for the German economy and as more than a third of inward FDI stems from countries in the European Union (EU), this study investigates the RER-FDI link between Germany and seven EU countries. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM)
Sammanfattning : The inception of the economic and monetary union (EMU) in January 1999 created new conditions for government debt. By eliminating currency exchange rate risk between the member states, the hope was to achieve a more sustainable and integrated government debt market in the euro area. LÄS MER