Sökning: "Democracy Assistance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 uppsatser innehållade orden Democracy Assistance.
1. The EU’s democracy assistance efforts in Belarus - An analysis of the character of EU democracy assistance and involvement in the mass protests of 2020-2021 in BelarusKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : During recent events, Belarus has come under the light due to the falsified re-election of Lukashenko in 2020. Mass protests arose, and the civil society’s demand for democracy became clear. LÄS MER
2. External assistance for European integration : A qualitative case study analysis of the external assistance symbiosis with the National Strategy Plan and constraints in light with the EU – Moldova integration.Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för ekonomisk historia och internationella relationer
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is a case study of Moldova regarding the influence of external assistance over the National Development Strategies 2020 and 2030 in face of the EU – Moldova Accession Agenda. The external assistance plays a key role for the country’s development but the allocation of the funds might not address the sustainable development goals set by the UN, and therefore the national strategic development plans need to be analysed on correlation. LÄS MER
3. Human Rights and Democracy in Japan's Dialogue with Myanmar: Universality of Human Rights and a Country-based Dialogue Approach in Japan's Human Rights Foreign PolicyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : Dialogue (対話) plays an important role not only in diplomatic relations between Myanmar and Japan, but also in Japan’s human rights foreign policy. This thesis analyzes how Japan uses a dialogue approach as part of Japan’s human rights foreign policy in Myanmar. LÄS MER
4. Institutions matter : A qualitative case study analysis of the institutional capacities of Albania in relation to the utilization of the EU funds.Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för ekonomisk historia och internationella relationer
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is a case study of Albania regarding the influence institutions have over the utilization of the EU financial aid, more specifically, the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance II (IPA II) for the period of 2014-2020. Albania has been struggling with EU accession despite the allocation of numerous funds in the form of development programs for several years. LÄS MER
5. Spilling The Tea On Electoral Violence Prevention : Can technical election assistance prevent electoral violence?Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The international community has long sent democracy aid, and technical election assistance (TEA) has become increasingly popular in the last three decades. Despite these investments, little is known about the effects of TEA. LÄS MER