Sökning: "Democratic Republic of Congo"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 101 uppsatser innehållade orden Democratic Republic of Congo.
1. A LANGUAGE THAT MATTERS – Viewing the Women, Peace and Security agenda through an intersectional lensMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyse how the Women, Peace and Security agenda is intersectional in its approach to women. This study contributes to previous research regarding gendered security and peace and conflict studies. LÄS MER
2. The inclusion of girls depends on women : A study of the inclusion of girls associated with armed forces and armed groups in DDR programs by women mediators in Colombia, the DRC and SomaliaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyzes the relation between women mediators in peace negotiations and the inclusion of female child soldiers in disarm, demobilize and reintegrate (DDR) processes. Research shows that despite the adoption of UNSCR 1325 and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, there is low participation of women in peace processes. LÄS MER
3. How much is (not) enough? : A Study of the Effect of Power-sharing Provisions on post-treaty Conflict-Related Sexual Violence by Rebel Groups in sub-Sahara AfricaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies why some non-state armed groups commit high levels of post-treaty conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) while others do not. The presented mechanism suggests that limited power-sharing provisions in a peace accord provide few incentives for group leaders to stay committed to the peace process. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : United Nations Peacekeeping has proven to be remarkably effective at reducing violence against civilians - without using compellent force. A recent turn towards peace enforcement raises the questions: Does the use of force within a peace enforcement mandate affect the use of violence against civilians by an armed group? If this is the case, by what mechanism does this effect occur? This thesis provides two novel explanations on how the use of force by peacekeepers could affect violence against civilians by the targeted armed group. LÄS MER
5. ’’Materials for a Better Life’’: Strategic Minerals and the Sustainability Transition : A Study on the Strategic Framing of Cobalt & The Material-Discursive Practices of the Extractive Industry in the Democratic Republic of the CongoKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : Rechargeable batteries are set to power sustainable development by 2030. In this context, the increasingly important role of certain ‘strategic minerals’ used in emerging renewable technologies has become highly topical. LÄS MER