Sökning: "Digital Social Movements"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 65 uppsatser innehållade orden Digital Social Movements.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för strategisk kommunikation
Sammanfattning : In today’s digital climate, consumers are constantly exposed to marketing and communication from companies and organisations. The increase in marketing has subsequently led to the birth of new, and in some cases, misleading advertising strategies, such as Greenwashing and Healthwashing. LÄS MER
2. APES TOGETHER STRONG!!! An Exploratory Case Study Into Newcomer Socialization Within the GameStop MovementMaster-uppsats, Jönköping University/Internationella Handelshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Background: “APES TOGETHER STRONG“ was one of the slogans, that participants of the influential GameStop movement (who ironically called themselves “apes“) utilized to show their unity (“together strong“) and relentlessness in their seemingly irrational actions. Erupting in January 2021, retail investors that had formed a community via Reddit, collectively achieved to multiply the stock price of American gaming retail chain GameStop, causing huge losses for hedge funds, resulting in political discussions and social outrage. LÄS MER
3. Women’s rights movements in Ethiopia : The role of activism via social media on traditional gender norms and attitudesMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : The main aim of this Degree Project was to investigate the role of social media for women’s rights movements in Ethiopia, specifically for the #MeTooEthiopia movement, and whether utilising social media in their operations and mobilisations has enhanced the movements’ ability to raise awareness and challenge traditional gender norms. The research was investigated through the lens of digital activism and via the logic of connective action, by utilising in-depth semi-structured interviews with women’s rights activists in Ethiopia and overseas and undertaking a review of the #MeTooEthiopia movement social media platforms. LÄS MER
4. Authoritarian, far-right responses to the Covid-19 pandemic: an analysis of QAnon’s crisis narrativesMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : The coronavirus pandemic has changed the lives of individuals all over the world. The goal of this research is to investigate and understand the narratives and underlying messages of the QAnon movement concerning COVID-19. LÄS MER
- L2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Like many things, social movements have been able to take a new form, and behave differently, thanks to the rise of the internet and social media networks. The purpose of this study is to analyze how long lasting this engagement is from its participants, and how short-run participation in social movements can be understood. LÄS MER